***UPDATE*** RailsCamp sessions so far
RailsCamp sessions so far
Get inspired, and find out what you would like to contribute!
RailsCamp is what you make it - so make it! Everyone’s contribution is the core of a barcamp. Whether you have a talk about an interesting tech issue, offer a session for Erlang beginners, or discuss the pros and cons of indoor and outdoor climbing.
Climbing? But that doesn’t have to do anything with coding, computers or technical stuff. Well, that’s right - but it doesn’t matter. Because a RailsCamp is everything (really everything!) what you like! So, feel free to do what ever you want to do at RailsCamp Germany. (Of course, we don’t have to tell you about our Code of Conduct, do we? ; ) Develop an idea, post it in our session tool, and enjoy a great time with friendly RailsCampers!
We have already collected some great sessions:
- Building your first API,
- an introduction to Docker,
- “A summer full of code” (talk),
- Design Thinking and Innovation,
- Build your first command-line-application,
- Zeitreihendaten mit InfluxDB / Time Series Data with InfluxDB,
- arduino-sensor-cloud-gondola (workshop),
- How to take sketchnotes on tech issues,
- CoreOS Introduction,
- Org Hacking for Fun and Profit,
- Railcamp 2014 Feedback.
Need to move and get active? Join the session “Climbing for Beginners”.
For the little ones we have a CoderDojo: Learn to code your own homepage and have fun with robots!
Copyright: Bunte Burger
Are you missing a session? Then it’s your chance to offer it and be a speaker at RailsCamp Germany 2014. We love every kind of contribution, so ask yourself: What do I know quite well, what can I teach others, what would be nice to share with the RailsCampers?
So, what can you do?
- Show us your coding skills,
- show us how to do an Ollie with your skateboard,
- have a talk about your favourite framework (besides Rails ; ) and give an introduction on how it works,
- talk about your experiences with your Raspberry Pi or your Arduino,
- have a discussion about the best coffee in town (and where to get it),
- and so on : )
Still no clue what to offer? Or you are a Rails / Ruby / barcamp newbie and just curious what happens when the nerds meet? No problem! Come in, make yourself comfortable, listen to a talk, and maybe help at the reception. Or carry some chairs from one room to another. Or keep an eye on the sandwiches: Do we have enough? If not, fetch some from the fridge. And we need Mate! Lots of Mate! Please, take care, so that the Mate stream must not run dry! ; )
You see: Every kind of help is appreciated.
Okay, now your really interested, aren’t you? Have a look at our session tool and contribute!
You can also find some of the sessions on lanyrd.
And if you like to help organizing: Get informed via GitHub issues and join the orga team.